In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our role at Pioneer Technology Center is to serve as a resource to our business partners during this COVID-19 crisis. Although PTC is not affiliated with the Small Business Administration, our goal continues to be to support our community businesses by providing resources and assistance.
There are two main programs that have been developed specifically to help small businesses get through this pandemic and to keep people on the payroll. This is in addition to other Small Business Administration disaster programs but these have some unique benefits.
Program One: The Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
This program is designed to get businesses, with under 500 employees, through a six month period, presumed to be this COVID-19 pandemic. For more information HERE or contact an entities below:
1. The Oklahoma Small Business Development Corporation: www.oksbdc.org
2. Oklahoma Department of Commerce: Ray Little, Point of Contact: email@example.com 405.815.5227
3. Questions can also be emailed to OKSBAquestions@okcommerce.gov
4. SBA Disaster Office Phone information: 1-800-629-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339)
5. SBA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Two: The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on payroll by providing each small business with a loan equal to 2.5 months of their annual payroll.
1. Contact your bank, particularly if they are an SBA certified Lender
2. Questions can also be emailed to OKSBAquestions@okcommerce.gov
3. SBA Disaster Office Phone information: 1-800-629-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339)
Paid Leave Information
In March, Congress passed and the President signed the "Families First Coronavirus Response Act" that has, among other things, a lot of paid leave requirements. Below are links to some of this information: